Leveraging the USB 2.0 OTG mode, the RAM-GDS-CHARGE-RS232U adapter combines two functions that are critical to enabling ELD and telematics solutions with commercially available tablet form factors. The ability to charge a host device ¬– that supports the OTG embedded (FTDI and Prolific) drivers while communicating to RS232 devices – also allows a tablet or phone to become enabled for applications that require charging and peripherals at the same time. This adapter allows the tablet to be in both host mode and accept a charge of up to 1.67A (at ~5V), eliminating the need for a separate charger. The internal charger supports USB 2.0 BC1.2 mode as a DCP mode charger to the host device. The adapter supports attached RS232 (serial) devices to communicate information such as engine data, streaming location data, driver ID information, and much more.
This charger has a Molex connector on it and includes a Molex to serial cable.
RAM Mounts is a corporate brand of National Products Inc. (NPI) in Seattle, Washington. NPI offers an adaptable set of manufacturing capabilities with centralized manufacturing, production, and distribution operations. This means you receive the strongest mount available and the most innovative technology.
The rubber ball and socket design offers a secure hold with infinite options and vibration dampening for demanding environments.
Our philosophy is simple—build the best products available. And so our warranty is simple too. If we built it, we guarantee it. We are confident in the quality of our products, and with our warranty, you can be too.
MADE IN AMERICA
We don’t use call-centers, we don’t outsource labor, and we don’t ship opportunities overseas. Our all-American staff designs, manufactures, assembles, and sells our products right here, and ships them straight to you.
- Input Range: 8V - 40V DC
- Output Voltage: 5VDC
- Output Current: 2.5A max
- Output Connector Type: Male Micro-USB
- Input Cable Length: 1.2 Meters
- Output Cable Length: 1 Meter
- Includes Molex Micro-Fit 3.0 3x2 6 Position Male connector on housing
- .5 meter Molex Micro-Fit 3.0 Female to RS232 DB9pin serial cable- VCC,GND, RTS, CTS, TXD, RXD Signals
- Operating Temperature Range: -30°C to +70°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
- Overvoltage Protection (OVP)/Load Dump Compliance: Meets SAE J-1113
- Integrated Short Circuit Protection (SCP)
- FCC, CE, WEEE, and ROHS Compliant
- USB 2.0 BC 1.2 DCP support
- FTDI WHQL or Android Driver Compatible
- Max Speed 115200bps
- FTDI USB to RS232 FT232RL Converter
- ZT213LEEA Serial Driver
Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8.0”, 9.7”, 10.1″)
Samsung Galaxy Tab E (8.0”)²
Samsung Galaxy Tab E (9.6”)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (8.0″, 9.7″)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (8.0″, 10.1″)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S (8.4″, 10.5″)
¹This list is not complete, yet contains tablets that have been tested. There might be changes or previous / subsequent modifications made by the OEM to the listed product that might reduce or eliminate compatibility without notice.
²Supports up to the SM-T377W