RAM Mounts is a leading manufacturer of rugged mounting solutions for mobile electronics in any type of vehicle, vessel or aircraft. RAM’s product line includes fleet mounting systems for iPads and other tablets, rugged handhelds, smartphones, GPS, two-way radios, police consoles, video surveillance, commercial marine and aviation electronics. With over 4,000 modular components, RAM products can be configured for virtually any mobile requirement. RAM is committed to offering the highest quality products, manufactured in Seattle, WA.
RAM Mounts is seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer with strong skills in web development, mentoring others, SEO, and analytics. As a Senior Rails Developer, you will use your development, leadership, and data analysis skills to create and execute a vision for our website and ecommerce experience on rammount.com. This critical role has the opportunity to make a big impact as a leader on our brand and our customers worldwide.
- Plan, lead and help execute complex development projects aimed at delivering an exceptional online customer experience for B2B and B2C cusotmers
- Manage and mentor a team of two developers with front and back-end experience
- Continually implement and report on A/B testing and opportunitites for ecommerce growth
- Define and maintain metrics for leadership that provide the insights to help them make data driven decisions
- Manage and drive efficient timelines for development projects
- Keep leadership adequately informed and set clear expectations about deliverables
- Lead and prioritize SEO recommendations for the team, reporting on successes
- Ensure our site meets search engine requirements for mobile optimization and additional emerging requirements, as needed
- Keep the marketing team informed of digital marketing trends
- 3+ years managing a team of developers
- 3+ years of Ruby development (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Experience with testing frameworks (RSpec, Cucumber, Capybara, etc.)
- Experience with Linux, Git, ElasticSearch, Chef and Docker
- Experience implementing A/B testing strategies
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools and the use of these tools to increase site traffic and conversion rates
- Ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines
- A collaborative and team-oriented disposition
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and take the initiative in solving challenges
This full-time position is located in our Seattle office. Check us out online at www.rammount.com
NPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.